Get an Estimate
The price to demo and remove your pool could vary, depending on a number of factors, such as: accessibility to the pool area, distance from the “dump” area, size of the pool, amount of concrete, permit fees (if required), and engineering or compaction testing (if required).
Fill material and top soil is typically imported via tandem and tri-axle dump trucks and dumped on a solid paved surface. The “dump” area must not have tree branches or overhead utility lines that are subject to damages when the truck’s dump body is fully raised.
In most cases, it’s a good idea to know what the pool area will be used for, so as to plan for final grading, landscaping, concrete pavers, etc.
Vinyl Pools – Typically range in cost from $7,500.00 to $11,000.00 with the average cost being $9,000.00.
Concrete / Gunite Pools – ‘Partial Tear-downs’ typically range in cost from $9,500.00 to $15,000.00 with the average range being $10,000.00 to 12,500.00.
In some cases, an owner will request that the entire concrete / gunite pool structure be removed, but at a substantial additional cost not reflected above.
Above Ground Pools
Typically range in cost from $3,500.00 to $7,000.00.
Note: Structural Backfills entail additional costs not reflected above.
How to obtain an Estimate
To obtain a free preliminary estimate, you may:
- E-mail pictures to: email@example.com.
- Text Pictures via cell phone. Please contact Outdoor Finishes to obtain a phone number to text the pictures to. The phone number displayed in this website is a landline telephone.
- Fill out our Contact Form to send us all your pertinent information.
We are aware that many of our customers do not have computer access. For those that do not use computers or smart phones, please contact Outdoor Finishes at (301) 416-2600 and we’ll discuss other options for obtaining an estimate.
- We must know what type of pool you have. Please let us know if the pool is vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, or gunite.
- We will need pictures of the following:
- 1-2 photos of the front of the residence, showing the street and driveway, so we can determine where fill material can be unloaded and staged.
- (1) photo of the side yard access, so we can determine what size equipment can be used.
- (2) pictures with different angles of the backyard / pool, so we can see how the pool is situated.
- We will need the street address, city, and state. No one will come to your property.
- It is helpful to know how many gallons of water the pool holds. This enables us to convert the gallons to cubic feet, which in turn enables us to estimate how many truck loads of fill will be needed. Don’t worry if you don’t know how many gallons the pool holds, we’ll base the estimate on experience we’ve had with other pools.
- We will provide you with a free preliminary estimate. If the preliminary estimate is within your budget, the owner of Outdoor Finishes will be happy to schedule a site visit and meet with you and provide a firm estimate.
If you have questions, please call us anytime at (301) 416-2600.